Wednesday

Fresh Spinach, Chicken, Mozzarella Pan Noodles with a side of zucchini garlic bread



Wow was this a yummy one!  I've been bad about following recipes lately and instead just throwing together healthy ingredients.  I do like to keep my ingredient list very minimal so it's been neat exploring how different veggies taste!

Pasta:
- whole grain noodles
- olive oil
- garlic
- reduced fat parmesan
- pan seared chicken breast (diced) - season with Mrs. Dash Table Seasoning
- fresh spinach (toss this in after you take all of the above off the stove.  I have learned quickly that fresh spinach wilts fast, and I personally prefer the slightly crisp taste! )

Parmesan Bread (aka...parmesan roasted zucchini):
- one zucchini - sliced lengthwise, then in half
- bake in oven skins up  350 for 10-15 minutes.  (gets the natural juices and flavoring going)
- flip over and top with garlic & parmesan cheese.  then back in the oven 425 for 5 minutes.

Sauce:
- can natural tomato sauce
- basil
- oregano
- sea salt
- pepper

*DISCLAIMER:  VEGETABLES FILL YOU UP FAST!  this was way too much food so I have some yummy leftovers for lunch tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment